Here are some benefits of consuming cashew nuts which is really a good snacks with taste, and a promising health agent.
1. Heart Health–Studies consistently show that nut intake has a cholesterol-lowering effect, in the context of healthy diets, and there is emerging evidence of beneficial effects on oxidative stress, inflammation, and vascular reactivity.
2. Prevents Blood Disease– Cashew nuts are rich in copper, which plays an important role in the elimination of free radicals from the body. Copper deficiency can lead to iron deficiencies such as anemia.
3. Protects the Eye– Cashews contains a powerful antioxidant pigment called Zea Xanthin. This pigment is readily and directly absorbed by our retina then forms a protective layer over our retina which prevents the harmful UV rays.
4. Good for the Skin– Cashew nut oil is rich in selenium, zinc, magnesium, iron and phosphorous. Also, they are great sources of phytochemicals, proteins and antioxidants. The high percentage of selenium in cashews is not only good for your skin but “helps prevent cancer as well,” American medical journal.
5. Weight Loss– Moreover, nuts like cashews are “packed with Omega 3 fatty acids that contribute to giving a boost to the metabolic process to burn excess fat,”.
6. Source of Dietary Fibres–The two essential dietary fibres required by our body are, oleic acid and palmitic acid. “These fibers are not produced by our body hence they need to be consumed externally,”and cashew nuts are having these.
7. Healthy and Shiny Hair— “Copper present in cashew nut oil helps in the production of skin and hair pigment called melanin,”. It also enhances hair colour and can provide a silky-smooth texture due to the presence of linoleic and oleic acids.